Food and BEing Well – Perfect Paleo Pizza
- 1 1/3 cups almond meal
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 TBSP yoghurt (or milk of choice)
- 1 extra TBSP water if needed to thin the mix for spreading
Heat the oven to 200deg C
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the eggs, olive oil and water, and mix thoroughly with a whisk. The texture should be a thick spreadable paste. If too thick add a tbsp of water.
- Split the mixture into two (or three is you prefer smaller pizzas), and spoon onto baking paper lined oven trays.
- Spread the mixture out into rounds with a spatula until about 5 mm thick.
- Place into the oven and bake for approximately 7-8mins or until the mixture has set firm and just starting to brown.
Remove from the oven and VOILA! You have the best paleo pizza bases in the planet to top with your favourite flavours.
Once your toppings are on, bake at 220deg C (or in a pizza oven) for around 10 mins or until bubbling. Cut into wedges and enjoy.
Some of the favs at our place are, pizza tom sauce topped with:
- Shredded chicken, brie, peach or mango salsa, sliced spring onion and mozzarella slices
- Ham, fresh oregano/ thyme/ marjoram, pineapple and mozzarella slices
- Hot smoked salmon, dill and horseradish aioli, capers and mozzarella slices
- Lashings of fresh herbs, crumbled feta, olives and mozzarella slices (and topped with a sprinkling of fresh rocket in the last 2 mins of cooking)
Let your imagination run wild!
All BEing recipes follow the principles of gluten free, grain free, paleo and keto eating. We believe that good food promotes good health and is a cornerstone to a happy life.